Select your Language
Please, select a language for this page
RONDO 2 Audio Processor
RONDO 2 is the easiest-to-use audio processor ever made. With its elegant, discreet design and revolutionary wireless charging, RONDO 2 gives you hassle-free hearing all day long.
It's Never Been Easier
RONDO 2 is designed to be so easy to use, you’ll forget you’re wearing it. Along with its innovative wireless charging, RONDO 2 has just one simple on/off button and automatically controls volume levels for you. It’s easy to connect to your phone or TV using intelligent wireless accessories, and the compact design means it can be hidden discreetly under your hair.
- Easy to use
- Easy to charge
- Easy to wear
RONDO 2’s innovative wireless charging makes it easy to power up your processor overnight—just like your phone. But unlike your phone there are no cables: simply place RONDO 2 on the charge pad and it will charge automatically. You’ll never have to change a battery ever again.
Go All Day
Providing up to 18 hours of battery life, RONDO 2 gives you all-day hearing. And it charges fully in just 4 hours, perfect for overnight. With no batteries to change and uninterrupted hearing from morning till night, you can forget about your cochlear implant and get on with your day.
Keep it Discreet
RONDO 2 is a small, compact device that sits on the head, just back from your ear. The discreet audio processor has a streamlined design and can be easily hidden under hair. For those who regularly wear glasses, RONDO 2 is a comfortable hearing solution. With nothing directly on the ear, you can wear your glasses as normal and experience optimal hearing at the same time.
The Natural Look
Make your audio processor invisible. In addition to the five neutral colours, there are also hair-patterned Design Covers available, to help RONDO 2 blend in with any hairstyle.
The easy-to-use covers match a variety of hair tones, from straw blonde to jet black, and have a subtle gradient for a more natural look.
Find the right cover for you.
If you’d rather make a statement with your RONDO 2, there are plenty of colourful Design Covers which really show off your audio processor.
From elegant art-inspired designs, to classic patterns and wild animal prints, you can simply snap your favourite cover onto RONDO 2 and change your look in an instant.
Sometimes it can be hard to hear your best. Noisy public places can be difficult, as can talking on the phone or hearing the TV clearly.
RONDO 2 connects seamlessly with Bluetooth® neckloops and hearing induction loops to bring the sound straight to your ears, even across a busy room. This gives you optimal hearing wherever you are, so you’ll never miss out on those important moments.
On the Phone
Listening to Music
At Work or School
On the Phone
Take that call anywhere. Connect your phone to your RONDO 2 for clear audio with no background noise, or go hands free with a Bluetooth neckloop.
Listening to Music
Get the most out of your music. For the best quality, connect your RONDO 2 to your music player via a direct audio input cable, or stream wirelessly with a Bluetooth neckloop.
Hear your favourite TV shows more clearly. From TVs to tablets, there are plenty of options for connecting to what you want to watch.
Hear your best, wherever you are. You can easily connect your RONDO 2 to assistive listening devices at cinemas, theatres, places of worship, and many other public venues.
At Work or School
Be part of the conversation. With a wireless receiver and microphone, such as the RogerTM Pen from Phonak, you can hear a speaker clearly, even in noisy settings like busy meetings or classrooms.
You shouldn’t have to spend all day changing your audio processor’s settings. RONDO 2 automatically adapts to help you hear soft sounds clearly and loud sounds comfortably everywhere you go—without the need to use switches or press buttons.
This makes hearing effortless and gives you a much more natural listening experience.
Make a Splash
Whether diving into the ocean or simply relaxing by the pool, keep your RONDO 2 safe and dry with WaterWear. These reusable waterproof covers are easy to attach and can be used in any type of water, including salty seawater and chlorinated swimming pools. WaterWear gives you the freedom to do the water activities you love.
And of course, RONDO 2’s water-resistant design means it is protected from everyday splashes and moisture. So if you get caught unexpectedly in the rain, you can rest assured that RONDO 2 will continue to give you optimal hearing.
SYNCHRONY 2 Cochlear Implant
Great sound quality is only possible with a great implant. With SYNCHRONY 2 you can benefit from excellent implant reliability and our MRI Guarantee.
But the biggest advantage of SYNCHRONY 2 is that it mimics natural hearing. The result? The closest to natural hearing of any cochlear implant system.
See why hundreds of thousands of people have entrusted MED-EL with their hearing.Discover More
Audio Processor (Me1150)
- Housing: Mixture of polycarbonate and acrylonitrile-butadiene-styrol polymer
- Biocompatible according to Standard ISO 10993-1
- All-in-one design
- Splash-proof design with IP54 rating
- Automatic Sound Management
- Frequency Range 70–8,500 Hz
- LED indicator lights (2)
- Link-check function with LED indicator
- Four program positions
- Continuous volume and sensitivity control
- FineTuner remote control
- On/Off button on the processor
- Tamper-proof design
- Choking hazard avoidance
- Attachment security measures
- Integrated Lithium-ion battery
- Up to 24 hours of use per charge**
- Wireless recharging through compatible Qi charging pad
- Battery life expectancy is typically more than 5 years
- Mini Battery Pack provides back-up power option with AAA battery
- Dimensions: 66 x 29 x 14 mm
- Weight (without battery): <13 g
- Usage time: Up to 37 hours with 1 AAA battery
- Integrated telecoil
- Direct connection with Mini Battery Pack (standardised Euro-Audio 3-pin connection)
- Compatible with all multichannel MED-EL cochlear implants
- MAX Programming Interface
- MAESTRO System Software
Easy-to-change covers available in colours, designs and hair patterns
Glossy & Matte Covers
Hair Pattern Covers
Diametric magnet available in 5 strengths, axial magnet available in 4 strengths.
Sound Processing Features
- Omnidirectional Microphone
- Dual-Loop AGC
- Input Dynamic Range (IDR) of 78 dB
Sound Coding Strategies
- FS4 (Fine Structure Processing up to 1 kHz on 4 apical channels)
- FS4-p (Fine Structure Processing up to 1 kHz on 4 apical channels with Intelligent Parallel Stimulation for even higher temporal accuracy)
- FSP (Fine Structure Processing typically up to 350 Hz on 2 apical channels)
- HD-CIS (High Definition CIS)
- Biphasic or Triphasic stimulation pulses
- Supports 250 spectral bands
- Waterproof up to 4 metres deep
- Can be used in salt water, fresh water and chlorinated water
- USB powered: 5 V DC, 1 A
- USB power supply: 100– 240 V AC (~50/60 Hz)
- Wireless Qi Charging Protocol
- Power indicator LED
Detailed information and specific usage instructions for each product can be found in its respective user manual. All functions and features may not be available in all markets.
The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by the Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by MED-EL is under license.
* Whereby “free” means “not made with latex” according to current FDA guidance: “Recommendations for Labeling Medical Products to Inform Users that the Product or Product Container is not Made with Natural Rubber Latex”,
** Battery life dependent on individual usage.
*** Charging Cycles dependent on individual usage.