SAMBA Audio Processor
It's bright, it's stylish and it brings sound and joy to your life—SAMBA is the ideal audio processor for your VIBRANT SOUNDBRIDGE or BONEBRIDGE.
Your Life. Your Style. Your Hearing.
SAMBA is built for you. As the lightest and thinnest audio processor available, SAMBA makes your hearing more comfortable, but also more colourful. There are 13 funky Design Covers to choose from, plus some neutral colours for a more discreet look.
And of course SAMBA is packed full of the latest technology, so that you can get the most out of your hearing, all day long.
Comfortable to wear
Lightweight, streamlined design
Match your style
Plenty of colour options and Design Covers
Intelligent hearing technology
Easier listening with automatic sound adaption
Simple to use
No buttons, no switches, no hassles
SAMBA is designed for all-day wearing comfort. The tiny audio processor sits comfortably on your head, not on your ear, and is so streamlined and light you may forget you're even wearing it! Held securely in place over your implant by magnets, SAMBA also doesn't put uncomfortable pressure on your skin.
What's more, SAMBA's extensive battery life means you can go for up to five days before having to replace the batteries.
Colour Your Life
Add some colour to your processor. SAMBA is available with fun Design Covers, making it easy to match your audio processor to your style. From stars, to smileys, to strawberries, you can change your look in an instant.
Alternatively if you'd rather wear your audio processor the discreet way, simply choose one of the neutral-coloured covers, and make SAMBA invisible under your hair.
SAMBA's intelligent sound adaption technology does the hard work for you. Whether you're in a noisy café, or listening to music at home, SAMBA automatically changes settings to let you hear your best in the environment you're in. For you, this means less time switching programmes, and more time focusing on the sounds around you.
Hear What's Important
Hear the person you're speaking to, not the background noise. SAMBA's directional microphones automatically detect who is talking, and minimise other sounds. This makes it easier to chat in noisy environments, such as restaurants or classrooms. In addition, SAMBA will focus in on a speaker even if you are not facing them—ideal for chatting in the car. SAMBA helps you to stay in the conversation, so that you don't miss a moment.
On the phone, watching TV, or listening to music—hear your best in any situation. SAMBA can be quickly connected to your phone and other devices via the Siemens miniTek accessory*. The compact miniTek sends the sound from a device directly to your SAMBA, making it easier to hear in challenging situations.
And that's not all. With the miniTek, you can connect your SAMBA to wireless microphones and enjoy clearer hearing in classrooms, meeting rooms, and more. If you're out and about in town, the miniTek can also be used to connect to hearing induction loops, for example in theatres or airports, so you can hear your best on the go.
Have the freedom to do the things you love. Whether in the pool, at the beach or simply splashing around in the bathtub, SAMBA's WaterWear covers keep your audio processor safe and dry under the water. Simply slip SAMBA into the fully waterproof, reusable
cover and dive right in—safe in the knowledge that your SAMBA is protected.
Mix and Match
From handy fixation accessories to snug headbands—enhance your SAMBA experience with these added extras.
- Kids Set
- Sports Headband
- Fixation Options
SAMBA Kids Set
Life is full of adventures—and SAMBA is with your child all the way. The SAMBA Kids Set includes a range of fun Design Covers, plus the protective SAMBA Sleeve and even a nightstand to keep their SAMBA safe and sound while they sleep!
With the MED-EL Sports Headband, there's no need to worry about your audio processor shifting out of place or falling off. Now you can keep the audio processor securely in place over the implant thanks to specially-designed pockets within the headband.
Whether you fancy a discreet hair clip, or the stylish SAMBA Sleeve, there are plenty of ways to make sure your SAMBA stays right where it should be.
*Wireless connectivity feature is available with the Siemens miniTek. Sivantos is not responsible for the operation with the SAMBA or its compliance with safety and regulatory standards in operation with the SAMBA.
- 16-band Digital Equalizer
- 16 independent Compression Channels
- Sound Smoothing
- Speech and Noise Management
- Adaptive Directional Microphones
- Intelligent Sound Adapter
- 5 different programmes
- Wind Noise Reduction
- Ambient Sound
- Speech Tracking
- Omnidirectional microphones
- Audio frequency range 250 Hz to 8 kHz
- Wireless connectivity options via Bluetooth® or telecoil to external devices such as mobile phones, FM-systems, ALDs etc. This function is possible by using the Siemens miniTek™
- Power supply: One non-rechargeable 675 zinc-air button cell with a nominal 1.4-Volt supply and 600mA-Hrs of capacity
Weight and Dimensions
- Weight: < 9 g (incl. battery)
- Dimensiona: 30 mm x 35 mm x 10 mm
Available in five strengths for use with VIBRANT SOUNDBRIDGE or BONEBRIDGE
Easy-to-change covers available in different colours and designs
Kids Set Covers
SAMBA Remote Control
- Easy adjustment of the volume and change between the programmes of SAMBA
- Power supply: Two AAA batteries
WaterWear for SAMBA
- Three WaterWear covers per package. Each cover is reusable up to three times.
- Nine adhesive strips per package. Each strip can only be used once
- Rated IP68
- Waterproof up to 4 metres depth
- Can be used in salt, fresh, and chlorinated water
- Only to be used with batteries with no need of oxygen supply like silver-oxide or alkaline
- Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
- Required hard disk space: 300 MB free storage (2 GB free storage recommended)
- 512 MB RAM (1 GB recommended)
- Graphics Display 1024 × 768 resolution (1280 x 1024 recommended)
- Programming Interface: HI-PRO / NOAHLink / CONNEXX Link
- CD-Rom drive
- CONNEXX 6.5.5
- USB interface 1.1 (2.0 recommended)
The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by the Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by MED-EL is under license.