Come join MED‐EL, a leading hearing implant provider! In this role you will be the primary authority on surgery and surgical support in North America. You’ll be onboarding and mentoring new surgical support team members, ensuring they are prepared for activities in the field, as well as providing ongoing training on surgical topics for MED‐EL staff. You’ll be developing training materials and/or courses for continuing education on MED‐EL products aimed at surgeons and OR teams. You’ll be involved in surgical product launches, you’ll provide insights on product feedback and development to MED‐EL headquarters, and you’ll quickly grow to be the de facto expert on surgical topics in North America. This position requires excellent skills in customer relationship development, within‐ and cross‐departmental and KOL collaboration, and group leadership and facilitation. Successful applicants will be comfortable in an operating room, and have experience building relationships with physicians and other
healthcare workers. You should have excellent communication, writing and presentation skills, and the ability to work independently and thrive in a fast‐paced medical industry environment. While many activities are office‐based, you’ll have the opportunity to travel to attend surgeries, participate in conferences and workshops, meet customers and present on behalf of the company, primarily in North America with occasional international travel.
- Develop, promote and implement internal surgical training sessions
- Serve as mentor for new hires within surgical support roles.
- Identify internal surgical staff training needs and competencies, develop training content and delivery model, and teach sessions.
- Confirm that training requirements are met.
- Provide surgical overview training on individual and/or group basis, as needed, for non‐surgical employees at the appropriate level
- Develop, promote and implement surgical training programs for surgeons
- Identify surgeon training needs with particular emphasis on new product launches. Develop course content and delivery model and teach sessions or support Subject Matter Experts in teaching sessions.
- Create and develop support materials for surgeons, in coordination with other departments and/or IBK as needed.
- Collaborate with marketing to create and develop advertising media to promote training opportunities.
- Liaise with key opinion leaders and surgical advisors to ensure MED‐EL surgical training and support offerings meet the needs of customers.
- Liaise with teammates, other staff and departments across the company, both domestic and international, in order to develop the technical knowledge necessary to effectively deliver training on new and existing topics.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Life Sciences, healthcare or similar area of study. Commensurate work experience in areas such as: life sciences, healthcare, medicine/nursing, medical devices, communication disorders, and/or corporate learning and development are desirable.
- Surgical support background, expertise in hearing and/or hearing implants preferred. Experience in training program development and training healthcare providers is highly desirable. Professional presentation skills and excellent writing and editing skills are critical. Computer skills desired include, but are not limited to, Microsoft Office, online training delivery systems, video/audio
recording and rendering for on‐demand training modules.
- Ability to meet typical third‐party vendor credentialling requirements, which will
include being up to date on required vaccinations appropriate for healthcare
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Positive attitude, self‐motivated and collaborative team spirit a must!
Please note that A COVID-19 Vaccination is required to become a MED-EL US Team Member. Maintaining a healthy, virus‐free workforce will enable us to continue to carry out the important mission of our Company. Proof of your COVID-19 Vaccination will be required prior to your hire date.
Interested in joining MED-EL?
Please submit cover letter and current resume’ to email@example.com and please reference the position you are applying for in the subject line.
If you require assistance applying for one of the positions with MED-EL stated above because you are unable to submit your resume electronically, please call 888-633-3524.