SONNET 2 Audio Processor
Don’t fit your life around an audio processor—choose a processor that fits your life! Whatever your lifestyle, SONNET 2 is made for you. Wear it the way you want to. Connect it to the phone you already have. And experience great sound quality, whatever you’re doing.
SONNET 2 is designed to give you your best hearing possible, wherever you are. Whether in a noisy restaurant, at a music concert, or simply taking a walk on a windy day, SONNET 2 lets you hear your best in any environment.
SONNET 2 recognizes what kind of environment you’re in and automatically adjusts settings to match. Best of all, you won’t even realize it’s happening.
From background noise in a café to an unexpected dog bark, SONNET 2 minimizes unnecessary noise, so you can have the confidence to chat in any environment.
Hear the details with FineHearing sound coding technology. FineHearing lets you hear the world as it was meant to sound—from your favorite song to the voice of a loved one.
Use the phone you like and connect it to the audio processor you love. SONNET 2 makes it easy to listen to your favorite music and enjoy phone calls with your loved ones in high-quality, true stereo. Just slide the AudioStream cover over your audio processor to enjoy direct wireless streaming from your smartphone or tablet.
On the Phone
Listening to Music
At Work or School
With AudioLink, all you need is a phone with Bluetooth technology to send calls straight to your audio processor.
Slide the AudioStream cover onto your audio processor to stream phone calls directly from your Android or iPhone.
Download the Audio2Ear app and stream music wirelessly to your audio processor via the AudioLink connectivity device.
Slide AudioStream onto your audio processor to wirelessly stream your favorite songs from your smartphone or tablet.
Hear the TV from across the room. Use the AudioLink docking station to stream sound from your TV straight to your ears.
Telecoil is the tried and trusted way to hear more clearly when you’re out and about. Connect SONNET 2 to telecoil loops in theaters, banks, places of worship, and many other public venues.
At Work or School
AudioLink’s remote microphone feature is ideal for hearing someone from a few meters away, whether that’s a teacher, a co-worker, or just your family at dinner!
Made for Bimodal
Use a hearing aid on one of your ears? No problem! SONNET 2 is compatible with every brand and type of hearing aid because our implant systems mimic natural hearing. And if your hearing aid supports audio streaming, you can even stream sound to both your ears at the same time. All you need is AudioStream and a compatible smartphone.
Is my phone or tablet compatible with bimodal streaming with AudioStream?
Be In Control
Gone are the days of carrying around a remote control. With the new AudioKey 2 app, you can change settings on your SONNET 2 directly from your phone. Volume, mic sensitivity, program selection—all at the press of a button.
What’s more, AudioKey 2 also lets you see your individual hearing stats, such as how long you wear your SONNET 2 each day. And if you unexpectedly lose your processor, the "Find My Processor" function shows where you last used the app with your audio processor, so you can retrace your steps.
AudioKey is available in areas where AudioKey 2 is not. Please contact your local MED-EL representative for more information.
Match your style
Style your SONNET 2 to match your individual look. With hundreds of color combinations* to choose from, you really can give your SONNET 2 a unique makeover!
Visit the SONNET Series Color Configurator, and start designing your personal SONNET 2.
*Additional colors and designs sold separately.
Awarded to the SYNCHRONY System, comprising the SONNET 2 Audio Processor and accessories, SYNCHRONY 2 Cochlear Implant, and MAESTRO 8.0 fitting software.
With SONNET 2, you can get caught in the rain! SONNET 2’s water-resistant design protects it from everyday splashes and moisture. Going for a run in the rain just got a little bit easier.
And for swimming or other water sports, the waterproof WaterWear covers are ideal! Simply slip the cover over your processor and enjoy hours of hearing fun in the pool or at the beach.
Choosing the right audio processor for your child can be hard. SONNET 2’s compact and durable design makes it the ideal choice for children—from their first birthday right through to their teens and beyond.
- Tamperproof Design
- Audio Processor Check
- Wearing Options
- Fixation Options
- Small Size
- AudioKey 2 App
SONNET 2 is tough enough for even the most curious toddlers. Both the audio processor and the coil are fully lockable, keeping them safely in one piece, and are optimally sized so they can't be swallowed by children.
Audio Processor Check
Check that your child's audio processors are working correctly. The link-check function lets you see at a glance if your child's SONNET 2 is attached to the coil correctly. And you can check if their microphones are working properly using the FineTuner Echo Remote Control.
SONNET 2’s wearing options make it lighter to wear for little ears. BabyWear and ActiveWear allow you to attach some or all of the audio processor to your child’s clothes, so that they can enjoy comfortable hearing all day long.
Keeping audio processors on your child can be a challenge! With a wide range of convenient fixation options, your child can wear SONNET 2 all day long.
Choose the Micro Rechargeable Battery for your child’s SONNET 2 and give them one of the smallest and lightest audio processors available.
AudioKey 2 App
The AudioKey 2 app contains a special “Guardian Role” feature, so you can control your child’s audio processors from your phone. In addition, you can check their hearing stats and make sure they are getting the most from SONNET 2.
SONNET 2’s powerful batteries mean you can go for days at a time. Choose regular zinc-air disposable batteries for the longest wearing time. Alternatively, the rechargeable batteries are a convenient way to keep SONNET 2 powered up throughout the day.
- Disposable Batteries
- Rechargeable Batteries
Use two disposable zinc-air batteries with your SONNET 2 for maximum battery life.
- Up to 60 hours of power from two size 675 zinc-air batteries.
- Up to 10 hours of waterproof hearing with WaterWear and two silver-oxide batteries.
SONNET 2’s handy rechargeable batteries can be worn during the day, and then charged overnight. They come in three different sizes: Max, Standard, and Micro.
- Up to 17 hours of power with the Rechargeable Battery Max.
- Up to 10 hours of power with the Rechargeable Battery Standard.
- Up to 7 hours of power with the Rechargeable Battery Micro.
SYNCHRONY 2 Cochlear Implant
Great sound quality is only possible with a great implant. With SYNCHRONY 2 you can benefit from the latest cochlear implant technology and our MRI Guarantee.
But the biggest advantage of SYNCHRONY 2 lies in its super soft electrodes. Find out about MED-EL's electrodes, and how they help you make the most of your hearing.
Weight and Dimensions
- 6.1 g (with ActiveWear)
- 8.1 g (with Rechargeable Battery Micro)
- 10.6 g (with two 675 zinc-air batteries)
- DL-Coil: 4.6 g, 32.8 mm x 5.8 mm
- DL-Coil: 5 magnets available in 9 strengths
- Durable coil cables available in 3 lengths:
- 6.5 cm (2.6 in)
- 9 cm (3.5 in)
- 28 cm (11.0 in)
- Processor & Coil: Mixture of polycarbonate and acrylonitrile-butadiene-styrol polymer
- Earhook: Polyamide (PA)
- Cable: PVC and TPE Evoprene
- Biocompatible according to ISO 10993-1
- Backwards compatible with all MED-EL multichannel cochlear implants.
- MAX Programming Interface
- MAESTRO System Software
- Compatible with hearing aids of all brands and types
- Exact bimodal synchronization with any hearing aid: Signal can be delayed up to 10 ms with the latest MAESTRO Software
- Frequency Range 70–9300 Hz
- Splashproof design with IP54 rating
- Dual microphones
- Extended Datalogging
- Automatic Sound Management 3.0
- Tamperproof design
- Secured earhook
- Locking battery pack
- Choking hazard avoidance
- Attachment security measures
- Locking coil cable (locked to coil and control unit)
- Link-check coil function with LED indicator
- Four program positions
- Continuous volume and sensitivity control with FineTuner Echo or AudioKey 2
Sound Processing Features
- Microphone Directionality (Omni, Natural, Adaptive)
- Automatic Volume Control with Dual-Loop AGC
- Wind Noise Reduction
- Ambient Noise Reduction
- Transient Noise Reduction
- Input Dynamic Range (IDR) of 75 dB
- FS4 (Fine Structure Processing up to 1 kHz on 4 apical channels)
- FS4-p (Fine Structure Processing up to 1 kHz on 4 apical channels with Intelligent parallel Stimulation)
- FSP (Fine Structure Processing typically up to 350 Hz on 2 apical channels)
- HD-CIS (High Definition CIS)
- Biphasic or Triphasic stimulation pulses
- Supports 250 spectral bands
- 2.4 GHz wireless communication
- Direct wireless audio streaming via Bluetooth Low Energy with AudioStream
- True stereo sound quality
- Support for bilateral usage
- Integrated telecoil
- Bimodal streaming possible with several brands of hearing aids
- Dimensions: 68 x 38 x 17.5 mm
- Weight: 35 g
- Remote microphone
- Hands-free phone calls
- TV streaming
- Music streaming
- Direct audio input (DAI)
AudioKey 2 app
- Remote control functionality
- Guardian functionality
- Extended Datalogging
- Find My Processor
- Send Feedback
- Dimension: 104 x 38 x 11 mm
- Weight: 32g (including battery)
- Compact remote control with bi-directional communication
- ePaper Display
- Test audio processor microphones
- SONNET 2 battery status
- Waterproof up to 4 meters depth
- Can be used in salt, fresh, and chlorinated water
- Up to 60 hours of use with a set of 2 disposable zinc-air 675 batteries
SONNET 2 Rechargeable Battery Max
- Dimension: 32 x 14 x 7 mm
- Processor weight with battery: 10.4 g
- Usage time: Up to 17 hours
- Charging duration: ~6 hours
- Charging/discharging: >1800 cycles (80% capacity)****
SONNET 2 Rechargeable Battery Standard
- Dimension: 22 x 14 x 7 mm
- Processor Weight with Battery: 9.1 g
- Usage time: Up to 10 hours
- Charging duration: ~4 hours
- Lifetime: >1800 charging/discharging cycles****
SONNET 2 Rechargeable Battery Micro
- Dimension: 16 x 14 x 7 mm
- Processor Weight with Battery: 8.1 g
- Usage time: Up to 7 hours
- Charging duration: ~3 hours
- Lifetime: >1800 charging/discharging cycles****
SONNET 2 Charging Unit
- 4 simultaneous charging slots
- Power & charging indicator lights
- USB powered: 5V DC, 500mA
- USB power adapter: 100–240V AC (~50/60 Hz)
SONNET 2 Mini Battery Pack
- Dimensions: 66 x 29 x 14 mm
- Weight (without battery): <13g
- Usage time:
Up to 37 hours with 1 AAA battery or
up to 16 hours with Rechargeable DaCapo Powerpack
Direct Wireless Streaming Cover for SONNET Series Audio Processors
AudioStream can be used as a Made for iPhone (MFi) Hearing Device and supports the Audio Streaming for Hearing Aids (ASHA) technology. MED-EL recommends keeping your device(s) updated with the latest version of the iOS or Android operating system. AudioStream is compatible with iOS version 11 or later and Android version 10 or later.
Devices Suitable for Bimodal Streaming
For bimodal streaming, you simply need an Android smartphone with the Android 12 operating system or later, a hearing aid with ASHA (Audio Streaming for Hearing Aid) technology, and an AudioStream. The below lists include devices specifically tested and confirmed by MED-EL to be suitable for bimodal streaming. Other Android devices and hearing aids with the necessary technologies may also be suitable for bimodal streaming when using AudioStream.
Google Pixel 7, Google Pixel 6, Google Pixel 5a, Google Pixel 5, Google Pixel 4a, Google Pixel 3a
Samsung Galaxy S22, Samsung Galaxy S21+, Samsung Galaxy S21, Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra, Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2, Samsung Galaxy S10e, Samsung Galaxy Tab S7+
Xiaomi Mi 11T Pro
OnePlus 9 Pro
Oppo Find X5, Oppo Find X3 Pro
Oticon More, Widex Moment, Signia Pure Charge&Go T 7AX, Starkey Livio AI, ReSound Key, ReSound One, ReSound LiNX Quattro, ReSound ENZO Q, Beltone Imagine, Beltone Amaze, Beltone Rely, Beltone Boost Ultra
The above list includes devices specifically tested and confirmed by MED-EL to be compatible with AudioStream. In addition, other Android devices with Android 10 or later and both Bluetooth® Low Energy (BLE) and Audio Streaming for Hearing Aids (ASHA) technology enabled by the phone manufacturer and service carrier may also be compatible with AudioStream. Other Apple devices with iOS 11 or later and both Bluetooth® Low Energy (BLE) and Made for iPhone (MFi) technology enabled by the phone manufacturer and service carrier may also be compatible with AudioStream.
Although MED-EL aims to provide as many users as possible with seamless device compatibility, MED-EL cannot guarantee full compatibility or troubleshooting support with all devices and the information provided above should only be used for reference.
Apple®, iPad®, iPad Air®, iPad Pro®, iPhone® and iPod Touch® are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Android is a trademark of
The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by the Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by MED-EL is under license.
**Whereby “free” means “not made with latex” according to current FDA guidance: “Recommendations for Labeling Medical Products to Inform Users that the Product or Product Container is not Made with Natural Rubber Latex”, 2014.
*** Fine-structure coding is not indicated for pre-lingual children in the USA.
**** Charging Cycles dependent on individual usage.
MED-EL Virtual Assistant
Have you or your child been diagnosed with a hearing loss? Do you want to talk to someone to better understand your options? Our team of hearing professionals is ready to answer any questions you may have to help you decide what is right for you.