SONNET 2 EAS Audio Processor
Don’t fit your life around an audio processor—choose a processor that fits your life! SONNET 2 EAS is the audio processor made for you. Choose how you’d like it to look. Choose how you’d like to connect to your phone and other devices. And choose to experience your best hearing, wherever you are.
SONNET 2 EAS is built to give you your best hearing possible. Using a combination of both cochlear implant and hearing aid technology, SONNET 2 EAS provides the full sound spectrum, so you can hear things as they were meant to sound. What’s more, with ASM 2.0 technology and FineHearing sound coding, SONNET 2 EAS makes sure you hear your best wherever you are.
Microphone Directionality focuses your hearing by using two microphones to sharpen the sounds in front of you. This gives you better listening, especially in noisy settings.
Wind Noise Reduction minimizes continuous wind noise, making it easier to hear in outdoor settings. The wind noise reduction can be adjusted for your specific needs.
Automatic Volume Control continuously monitors your environment and seamlessly adjusts volume levels to ensure every sound is heard clearly and comfortably.
Connect to Your Devices
Experience great sound quality from the devices you already own and love. SONNET 2 EAS is fully compatible with AudioLink®—a universal connectivity device that allows you to stream sound from phones, tablets, TVs, and much more. As long as your device has either Bluetooth or a headphone jack, you can connect it to AudioLink and send the sound straight to your ears.
On the Phone
Listening to Music
At Work or School
With AudioLink, all you need is a phone with Bluetooth technology to send calls straight to your audio processor.
Slide the AudioStream cover onto your audio processor to stream phone calls directly from your Android or iPhone.
Download the Audio2Ear app and stream music wirelessly to your audio processor via the AudioLink connectivity device.
Slide AudioStream onto your audio processor to wirelessly stream your favorite songs from your smartphone or tablet.
Hear the TV from across the room. Use the AudioLink docking station to stream sound from your TV straight to your ears.
Telecoil is the tried and trusted way to hear more clearly when you’re out and about. Connect SONNET 2 EAS to telecoil loops in theaters, banks, places of worship, and many other places.
At Work or School
AudioLink’s remote microphone feature is ideal for hearing someone from a few meters away, whether that’s a teacher, a co-worker, or just your family at dinner!
Be In Control
Gone are the days of carrying around a remote control. With the new AudioKey 2 app, you can change settings on your SONNET 2 EAS directly from your phone. Volume, mic sensitivity, program selection—all at the press of a button.
What’s more, AudioKey 2 also lets you see your individual hearing stats, such as how long you wear your SONNET 2 EAS each day. And if you unexpectedly lose your processor, the "Find My Processor" function shows where you last used the app with your audio processor, so you can retrace your steps.
AudioKey is available in areas where AudioKey 2 is not. Please contact your local MED-EL representative for more information.
Complete Your Look
Choose the colors that suit you. SONNET 2 EAS offers hundreds of color combinations, so you can easily personalize it to match your style. And if you really want to show off your audio processor, there are plenty of Design Covers* that do just that!
Visit the SONNET Series Color Configurator, and start designing your personal SONNET 2 EAS.
*Additional colors and designs sold separately.
Make A Splash
Whether relaxing on the beach or diving into the pool—enjoy great hearing in the water with WaterWear. These reusable covers make SONNET 2 EAS completely waterproof, so you can enjoy all the sounds of the sea without the hassle.
And for everyday, SONNET 2 EAS’s superior water-resistant design protects it from rain, splashes, and sweat. That means you can go for a run in the rain and not think twice about your audio processor!
SONNET 2’s powerful batteries mean you can go for days at a time. Choose regular zinc-air disposable batteries for the longest wearing time. Alternatively, the rechargeable batteries are a convenient way to keep SONNET 2 powered up throughout the day.
- Disposable Batteries
- Rechargeable Batteries
Use two disposable zinc-air batteries with your SONNET 2 EAS for maximum battery life.
- Up to 60 hours of power from two size 675 zinc-air batteries.
- Up to 10 hours of waterproof hearing with WaterWear and two silver-oxide batteries.
SONNET 2’s handy rechargeable batteries can be worn during the day and then charged overnight. They come in two different sizes: Standard and Micro.
- Up to 10 hours of power with the Standard Rechargeable Battery.
- Up to 7 hours of power with the Micro Rechargeable Battery.
SYNCHRONY 2 Cochlear Implant
Great sound quality is only possible with a great implant. With SYNCHRONY 2 you can benefit from the latest cochlear implant technology and our MRI Guarantee.
But the biggest advantage of SYNCHRONY 2 lies in its super soft electrodes. Find out about MED-EL's electrodes, and how they help you make the most of your hearing.
SONNET 2 EAS
Weight and Dimensions
- 6.1 g (with ActiveWear)
- 8.1 g (with Rechargeable Battery Micro)
- 11.0 g (with two 675 zinc-air batteries)
- DL-Coil: 4.6 g, 32.8 mm x 5.8 mm
- DL-Coil: 5 magnets available in 9 strengths
- Durable coil cables available in 3 lengths:
- 6.5 cm (2.6 in)
- 9 cm (3.5 in)
- 28 cm (11.0 in)
- Processor & Coil: Mixture of polycarbonate and acrylonitrile-butadiene-styrol polymer
- Earhook: Polyamide (PA)
- Cable: PVC and TPE Evoprene
- Backwards compatible with all MED-EL multichannel cochlear implants.
- MAX Programming Interface
- MAESTRO System Software
- Frequency Range 70–9300 Hz
- Splashproof design with IP54 rating
- Dual microphones
- Extended Datalogging
- Automatic Sound Management 2.0
- Tamperproof design
- Secured earhook
- Locking battery pack
- Choking hazard avoidance
- Attachment security measures
- Locking coil cable (locked to coil and control unit)
- Link-check coil function with LED indicator
- Four program positions
- Continuous volume and sensitivity control with FineTuner Echo or AudioKey 2
- Supports Electric-Acoustic Stimulation (EAS)
Sound Processing Features
- Microphone Directionality (Omni, Natural, Adaptive)
- Automatic Volume Control with Dual-Loop AGC
- Wind Noise Reduction
- Input Dynamic Range (IDR) of 75 dB
- FS4 (Fine Structure Processing up to 1 kHz on 4 apical channels)
- FS4-p (Fine Structure Processing up to 1 kHz on 4 apical channels with Intelligent parallel Stimulation for even higher temporal accuracy)
- FSP (Fine Structure Processing typically up to 350 Hz on 2 apical channels)
- HD-CIS (High Definition CIS)
- Biphasic or Triphasic stimulation pulses
- Supports 250 spectral bands
- 2.4 GHz wireless communication
- Direct wireless audio streaming via Bluetooth Low Energy with AudioStream
- True stereo sound quality
- Support for bilateral usage
- Integrated telecoil
- Dimensions: 68 x 38 x 17.5 mm
- Weight: 35 g
- Remote microphone
- Hands-free phone calls
- TV streaming
- Music streaming
- Direct audio input (DAI)
AudioKey 2 app
- Remote control functionality
- Guardian functionality
- Extended Datalogging
- Find My Processor
- Send Feedback
- Dimension: 104 x 38 x 11 mm
- Weight: 32g (including battery)
- Compact remote control with bi-directional communication
- ePaper Display
- Test audio processor microphones
- SONNET 2 battery status
- Waterproof up to 4 meters depth
- Can be used in salt, fresh, and chlorinated water
- Up to 60 hours of use with a set of 2 disposable zinc-air 675 batteries
SONNET 2 Rechargeable Battery
- Dimension: 22 x 14 x 7 mm
- Processor Weight with Battery: 9.1 g
- Usage time: Up to 10 hours
- Charging duration: ~4 hours
- Lifetime: >500 charging/discharging cycles
SONNET 2 Rechargeable Battery Micro
- Dimension: 16 x 14 x 7 mm
- Processor Weight with Battery: 8.1 g
- Usage time: Up to 7 hours
- Charging duration: ~3 hours
- Lifetime: >500 charging/discharging cycles
SONNET 2 Charging Unit
- 4 simultaneous charging slots
- Power & charging indicator lights
- USB powered: 5V DC, 500mA
- USB power adapter: 100–240V AC (~50/60 Hz)
SONNET 2 Mini Battery Pack
- Dimensions: 66 x 29 x 14 mm
- Weight (without battery): <13g
- Usage time:
Up to 37 hours with 1 AAA battery or
up to 16 hours with Rechargeable DaCapo Powerpack