SONNET Audio Processor
Meet SONNET—your ideal audio processor. It's sleek, lightweight, and water-resistant. It can be quickly connected to your phone. And it focuses in on the conversation to make sure you can hear your best, no matter where you are.
Hear Your Best
SONNET isn't just light and comfortable to wear, it's also smart. Find out how SONNET's advanced technology can help you hear your best.
- Great sound quality
- Water-resistant design
- Wireless connectivity
- Rechargeable batteries
Sound on the Go
You're adaptable. Your processor should be too. With Automatic Sound Management 2.0 (ASM 2.0), SONNET uses dual microphone technology to let you focus in on the conversation. Come wind, come crowds, you can focus on the sounds around you rather than constantly changing volume and settings.
Microphone Directionality focuses your hearing by using two microphones to sharpen the sounds in front of you. This gives you better listening, especially in noisy settings.
Wind Noise Reduction minimises continuous wind noise, making it easier to hear in outdoor settings. The wind noise reduction can be adjusted for your specific needs.
Automatic Volume Control continuously monitors your environment and seamlessly adjusts volume levels to ensure every sound is heard clearly and comfortably.
Use the phone you like, and connect it to the audio processor you love. SONNET makes it easy to listen to your favorite music and enjoy phone calls with your loved ones in high-quality, true stereo. Just slide the AudioStream cover over your audio processor to enjoy direct wireless streaming from your smartphone or tablet.
On the Phone
Listening to Music
At Work or School
Hear the TV from across the room. Use the AudioLink docking station to stream sound from your TV straight to your ears.
Hear your best wherever you go. You can easily connect SONNET to hearing loops at cinemas, theatres, places of worship, and many other public venues.
At Work or School
AudioLink’s remote microphone feature is ideal for hearing someone from a few metres away, whether that’s a teacher, a co-worker, or just your family at dinner!
We don’t like interruptions any more than you do. With that in mind, we’ve designed a processor with up to 60 hours of battery life, giving you days of uninterrupted listening without any compromise in sound quality.
Alternatively, use SONNET's specially-designed Rechargeable Batteries and power your processor the easy way.
- Disposable Batteries
- Rechargeable Batteries
- Mini Battery Pack
Use two disposable zinc-air batteries with your SONNET for maximum battery life.
- Up to 60 hours of power from two size 675 zinc-air batteries.
- Up to 10 hours of waterproof hearing with WaterWear and two silver-oxide batteries.
SONNET’s handy rechargeable batteries can be worn during the day, and then charged overnight. They come in three different sizes: Max, Standard, and Micro.
- Up to 17 hours of power with the Rechargeable Battery Max.
- Up to 10 hours of power with the Rechargeable Battery Standard.
- Up to 7 hours of power with the Rechargeable Battery Micro.
Mini Battery Pack
Power your SONNET for up to 37 hours on a single AAA battery. The Mini Battery Pack is worn off-the-ear, and can be easily attached to clothing or a belt.
- Up to 37 hours of use with a AAA battery
- Up to 16 hours of use with a rechargeable DaCapo PowerPack
Dive Right In
The splash from a pool. The sweat on your brow. The sand on a beach. Life can get messy, and you shouldn’t have to choose between sound and the activities you love. And with the water-resistant, dust-resistant SONNET, you don’t have to.
Whether you hear the spring of the diving board or the siren song of the surf, consider SONNET your swimming sidekick. Go ahead—get in the water. The sleek, reusable WaterWear cover makes SONNET completely waterproof in any kind of water.
With its tamperproof design and simple link-check function, SONNET is built for even the most adventurous kids. Its flexible wearing options make SONNET comfortable to wear for even the littlest ears.
- Tamperproof Design
- Link-Check Function
- Fixation Options
- Micro Rechargeable Battery
Keep SONNET safe from little fingers. With its lockable, tamperproof design, SONNET stays in one piece, all day long. The lockable covers for SONNET's DL-Coil also keep the cable securely connected to the coil.
It only takes a glance to see if your child's SONNET is working correctly. The link-check function of SONNET's DL-Coil quickly shows if the audio processor and coil are properly connected, to make sure your child hears their best at all times.
For the smallest SONNET users, BabyWear allows the entire audio processor to be attached to your baby’s clothing, leaving nothing on their ears. This off-the-ear wearing option ensures that your baby can enjoy the sounds around them in comfort.
With ActiveWear, only the lightweight control unit is worn on the ear, while the battery pack is attached to clothing. This makes SONNET lighter and more secure to wear for younger children, whatever adventures they get up to.
SONNET is available with a range of fixation accessories, to help keep your child’s audio processor snug and secure. From cute clips to bright headbands, there’s an option your child will love to wear.
Micro Rechargeable Battery
For the lightest audio processor available, choose to power your child's SONNET with the Micro Rechargeable Battery. These easy-to-use batteries make SONNET smaller and extremely light to wear, giving your child that little bit of extra comfort.
Mix It Up
Make your SONNET suit your style. Choose from hundreds of colour combinations for the audio processor, coil, battery pack covers, microphone covers, and even the cable. Just click below to find your ideal look with our interactive Colour Configurator.
And with the stylish Design Covers for SONNET's DL-Coil, you can change your look in a snap.
- Nordic Grey
- Sienna Brown
- Cool Grey
- Baby Blue
- Baby Pink
- Bordeaux Red
- Pacific Blue
A New Look
With customisable adhesive skins from DesignSkins, you can customise your SONNET to suit your style. Choose from thousands of colourful designs, or upload your own for a truly unique look.
SYNCHRONY 2 Cochlear Implant
Great sound quality is only possible with a great implant. With SYNCHRONY 2 you can benefit from the latest cochlear implant technology and our MRI Guarantee.
But the biggest advantage of SYNCHRONY 2 is that it mimics natural hearing. The result? The closest to natural hearing of any cochlear implant system.
See why hundreds of thousands of people have entrusted MED-EL with their hearing.Discover More
SONNET Audio Processor
Dimensions and Weight
- 6.1 g (with ActiveWear)
- 10.6 g (Me1310 with two 675 zinc-air batteries)
- DL-Coil: 4.6 g, 32.8 mm x 5.8 mm
- DL-Coil: 5 magnets available in 9 strengths
- Durable coil cables available in 3 lengths:
- 6.5 cm (2.6 in)
- 9 cm (3.5 in)
- 28 cm (11.0 in)
- Processor & Coil: Mixture of polycarbonate and
- Earhook: Polyamide (PA)
- Cable: PVC and TPE Evoprene
- Biocompatible according to ISO 10993-1
- Compatible with all MED-EL multichannel cochlear implants
- MAX Programming Interface
- MAESTRO System Software 6.0 or later
- Compatible with hearing aids of all brands and types
- Frequency Range 70–8500 Hz
- Splash-proof design with IP54 rating
- Dual microphones
- Tamperproof design
- Secured earhook
- Locking battery pack
- Choking hazard avoidance
- Additional fixation options
- Locking coil cable (locked to coil and control unit)
- Link-check function with LED indicator
- Four program positions
- Continuous volume and sensitivity control with FineTuner or AudioKey 2 app
Sound Processing Features
- Automatic Sound Management 2.0 (ASM 2.0)
- Microphone directionality
- Wind Noise Reduction
- Automatic Volume Control with Dual-Loop AGC
- Input Dynamic Range (IDR) of 78 dB
Sound Coding Strategies
- FS4 (Fine Structure Processing up to 1 kHz on 4 apical channels)
- FS4-p (Fine Structure Processing up to 1 kHz on 4 apical channels with Intelligent parallel Stimulation for even higher temporal accuracy)
- FSP (Fine Structure Processing typically up to 350 Hz on 2 apical channels)
- HD-CIS (High Definition CIS)
- Biphasic or Triphasic stimulation pulses
- Supports 250 spectral bands
- 2.4 GHz wireless communication
- Direct wireless audio streaming via Bluetooth Low Energy with AudioStream
- True stereo sound quality
- Support for bilateral usage
- Integrated telecoil
- Dimensions: 68 x 38 x 17.5 mm
- Weight: 35 g
- Remote microphone
- Hands-free phone calls
- TV streaming
- Music streaming
- Direct audio input (DAI)
AudioKey 2 App
- Remote control functionality
- Guardian Roles
- Extended Datalogging
- Find My Processor
- Send Feedback
- Dimensions: 104 x 38 x 11 mm
- Weight: 32 g (including battery)
- Compact remote control with bi-directional communication
- ePaper Display
- Test audio processor microphones
- SONNET battery status
- Waterproof up to 4 m depth
- Can be used in salt, fresh and chlorinated water
- Up to 60 hours of use with a set of 2 disposable zinc-air 675 batteries
Rechargeable Battery Max
- Dimension: 32 x 14 x 7 mm
- Processor weight with battery: 10.4 g
- Usage time: Up to 17 hours
- Charging duration: ~6 hours
- Charging/discharging: >1800 cycles (80% capacity)**
Rechargeable Battery Standard
- Dimension: 22 x 14 x 7 mm
- Processor weight with battery: 9.1 g
- Usage time: Up to 10 hours
- Charging duration: ~4 hours
- Charging/discharging: >5000 cycles (80% capacity)**
Rechargeable Battery Micro
- Dimension: 16 x 14 x 7 mm
- Processor weight with battery: 8.1 g
- Usage time: Up to 7 hours
- Charging duration: ~3 hours
- Charging/discharging: >5000 cycles (80% capacity)**
- 4 simultaneous charging slots
- Power & charging indicator lights
- USB powered: 5V DC, 500mA
- USB power adapter: 100–240V AC (~50/60 Hz)
Please find detailed information and specific conditions for use for each product in the respective instructions for use.
All functions and features may not be available in all markets. Enabling features on the hardware may be subject to technical considerations.
* Whereby “free” means “not made with latex” according to current FDA guidance: “Recommendations for Labeling Medical Products to Inform Users that the Product or Product Container is not Made with Natural Rubber Latex”,
** Charging Cycles dependent on individual usage.