The Hearing Implant Company
- 1977 Multi-channel micro-electronic CI
- 1991 BTE (Behind-the-Ear) processor
- 1994 Electrode array capable of stimulating entire length of cochlea
- 1996 Bilateral implantation for purpose of binaural hearing
- 1996 Miniaturised multichannel implant (4 mm thin)
- 1999 Modular BTE processor design making the body-worn processor obsolete
- 2005 EAS System integrating acoustic and electric stimulation
- 2006 Switch-free processor design featuring remote control
- 2006 FLEX Electrode array developed specifically for the most atraumatic insertion
- 2006 FineHearing™ technology providing the fine structure information of sound
- 2007 FLEXEAS indicated for partial deafness
- 2008 VIBRANT SOUNDBRIDGE Middle Ear Implant System with expanded indication for conductive and mixed hearing loss
- 2009 Middle Ear Implant System indicated for children
- 2012 BONEBRIDGE Active Bone Conduction Implant System
- 2013 Launch of the RONDO®, the first single-unit processor for cochlear implants.
- 2013 MED-EL receives CE mark approval for marketing cochlear implants for the indication of Single-Sided Deafness in children and adults as the first hearing implant company.
- 2014 Market relaunch for the new generation of the VIBRANT SOUNDBRIDGE implant and market launch of the new SAMBA audio processor for the SOUNDBRIDGE and BONEBRIDGE.