SONNET EAS Audio Processor
Make the most of your hearing with SONNET EAS audio processor, part of the Electric Acoustic Stimulation system. Featuring a stylish design and flexible connectivity options, SONNET EAS fits right in with your lifestyle.
The Ideal Choice
Lightweight, water-resistant, and easy to connect: SONNET EAS is an audio processor built for everyday. Its rechargeable batteries are great for power on the go, and of course, it offers great sound too. What's more, SONNET EAS's acoustic unit is specially molded to fit your unique ear.
- Optimal sound quality
- Water-resistant design
- Wireless connectivity
- Rechargeable batteries
If you have a busy lifestyle, you can find yourself in many places during the day, such as busy offices and noisy restaurants. SONNET EAS uses ASM 2.0 and dual microphone technology to let you focus in on the conversation, not the background noise. With less time spent manually changing settings, you can just enjoy chatting with family and friends.
Microphone Directionality focuses your hearing by using two microphones to sharpen the sounds in front of you. This gives you better listening, especially in noisy settings.
Wind Noise Reduction minimizes continuous wind noise, making it easier to hear in outdoor settings. The wind noise reduction can be adjusted for your specific needs.
Automatic Volume Control continuously monitors your environment and seamlessly adjusts volume levels to ensure every sound is heard clearly and comfortably.
Use the phone you like, and connect it to the audio processor you love. SONNET EAS makes it easy to listen to your favorite music and enjoy phone calls with your loved ones in high-quality, true stereo. Just slide the AudioStream cover over your audio processor to enjoy direct wireless streaming from your smartphone or tablet.
On the Phone
Listening to Music
At Work or School
Hear the TV from across the room. Use the AudioLink docking station to stream sound from your TV straight to your ears.
Hear your best wherever you go. You can easily connect SONNET EAS to assistive listening devices at cinemas, theatres, places of worship, and many other public venues.
At Work or School
AudioLink’s remote microphone feature is ideal for hearing someone from a few meters away, whether that’s a teacher, a co-worker, or just your family at dinner!
Go all day, and then some more. With a battery life of up to 60 hours, SONNET EAS gives you days of uninterrupted listening. Alternatively, the easy-to-use rechargeable batteries offer a convenient way to power your SONNET EAS.
- Disposable Batteries
- Rechargeable Batteries
- Mini Battery Pack
Use two disposable zinc-air batteries with your SONNET EAS for maximum battery life.
- Up to 60 hours of power from two size 675 zinc-air batteries.
- Up to 10 hours of waterproof hearing with WaterWear and two silver-oxide batteries.
SONNET EAS’s handy rechargeable batteries can be worn during the day, and then charged overnight. They come in three different sizes: Max, Standard, and Micro.
- Up to 17 hours of power with the Rechargeable Battery Max.
- Up to 10 hours of power with the Rechargeable Battery Standard.
- Up to 7 hours of power with the Rechargeable Battery Micro.
Mini Battery Pack
Power your SONNET EAS for up to 37 hours on a single AAA battery. The Mini Battery Pack is worn off-the-ear, and can be easily attached to clothing or a belt.
- Up to 37 hours of use with a AAA battery
- Up to 16 hours of use with a rechargeable DaCapo PowerPack
Make a Splash
With SONNET EAS, you can get caught out in the rain! SONNET EAS’s water-resistant design protects it from everyday splashes and moisture. So whether you’re training at the gym, or simply giving the kids a bath, SONNET EAS has got you covered.
And for swimming lessons, beach days, and other underwater activities, the fully-waterproof WaterWear covers will keep your SONNET EAS safe and dry while you enjoy the water. Just remember to remove the EAS earhook and acoustic unit and replace it with a standard SONNET earhook before use.
SONNET EAS is the ideal choice for little ears. Its tamperproof design, link-check function, and flexible wearing options mean that your active child can experience great hearing on the go.
- Tamperproof Design
- Link-Check Function
- Fixation Options
- Micro Rechargeable Battery
Keep SONNET EAS safe from little fingers. With its lockable, tamperproof design, SONNET stays in one piece, all day long. The lockable covers for SONNET EAS's DL-Coil also keep the cable securely connected to the coil.
It only takes a glance to see if your child's SONNET EAS is working correctly. The link-check function of the DL-Coil quickly shows if the audio processor and coil are properly connected, to make sure your child hears their best at all times.
With ActiveWear, only the lightweight control unit is worn on the ear, while the battery pack can be attached to clothing. This makes SONNET EAS lighter and more secure to wear for younger children, whatever adventures they get up to.
SONNET EAS is available with a range of fixation accessories, to help keep your child’s audio processor snug and secure. From cute clips to bright headbands, there’s an option your child will love to wear.
Micro Rechargeable Battery
For the lightest audio processor available, choose to power your child's SONNET EAS with the Micro Rechargeable Battery. These easy-to-use batteries make SONNET EAS smaller and extremely light to wear, giving your child that little bit of extra comfort.
Make your SONNET EAS stand out from the crowd. With the different covers available in a wide range of colors, there are hundreds of combinations to choose from.
If you’d rather your SONNET EAS blended in with your hair, try a Design Cover for your DL-Coil cover. With nine different hair tones available, plus plenty of colorful designs, you can find the Design Cover to suit you.
Just click below to find your ideal look with our interactive Color Configurator.
- Nordic Grey
- Sienna Brown
- Cool Grey
- Baby Blue
- Baby Pink
- Bordeaux Red
- Pacific Blue
Your Own Style
Want to give your SONNET EAS a makeover? With adhesive skins from DesignSkins, you can change your look in an instant. What’s more, you can also upload your own designs and make your audio processor truly unique.
SYNCHRONY 2 for EAS
Great sound quality is only possible with a great implant. With SYNCHRONY 2 you can benefit from the latest EAS technology and our MRI Guarantee.
But the biggest advantage of SYNCHRONY 2 is that it mimics natural hearing. The result? The closest to natural hearing of any cochlear implant system.
See why hundreds of thousands of people have entrusted MED-EL with their hearing.Discover More
SONNET Audio Processor
Dimensions and Weight
- 6.1 g (with ActiveWear)
- 11.3 g (Me1320 with two 675 zinc-air batteries)
- DL-Coil: 4.6 g, 32.8 mm x 5.8 mm
- DL-Coil: 5 magnets available in 9 strengths
- Durable coil cables available in 3 lengths:
- 6.5 cm (2.6 in)
- 9 cm (3.5 in)
- 28 cm (11.0 in)
- Processor & Coil: Mixture of polycarbonate and
- Earhook: Polyamide (PA)
- Cable: PVC and TPE Evoprene
- Biocompatible according to ISO 10993-1
- Compatible with all MED-EL multichannel cochlear implants
- MAX Programming Interface
- MAESTRO System Software 6.0 or later
- Compatible with hearing aids of all brands and types
- Frequency Range 70–8500 Hz
- Splash-proof design with IP54 rating
- Dual microphones
- Tamperproof design
- Secured earhook
- Locking battery pack
- Choking hazard avoidance
- Additional fixation options
- Locking coil cable (locked to coil and control unit)
- Link-check function with LED indicator
- Four program positions
- Continuous volume and sensitivity control with FineTuner or AudioKey 2 app
- Supports Electric-Acoustic Stimulation (EAS)
Sound Processing Features
- Automatic Sound Management 2.0 (ASM 2.0)
- Microphone directionality
- Wind Noise Reduction
- Automatic Volume Control with Dual-Loop AGC
- Input Dynamic Range (IDR) of 78 dB
Sound Coding Strategies
- FS4 (Fine Structure Processing up to 1 kHz on 4 apical channels)
- FS4-p (Fine Structure Processing up to 1 kHz on 4 apical channels with Intelligent parallel Stimulation for even higher temporal accuracy)
- FSP (Fine Structure Processing typically up to 350 Hz on 2 apical channels)
- HD-CIS (High Definition CIS)
- Biphasic or Triphasic stimulation pulses
- Supports 250 spectral bands
- 2.4 GHz wireless communication
- Direct wireless audio streaming via Bluetooth Low Energy with AudioStream
- True stereo sound quality
- Support for bilateral usage
- Integrated telecoil
- Dimensions: 68 x 38 x 17.5 mm
- Weight: 35 g
- Remote microphone
- Hands-free phone calls
- TV streaming
- Music streaming
- Direct audio input (DAI)
AudioKey 2 App
- Remote control functionality
- Guardian Roles
- Extended Datalogging
- Find My Processor
- Send Feedback
- Dimensions: 104 x 38 x 11 mm
- Weight: 32 g (including battery)
- Compact remote control with bi-directional communication
- ePaper Display
- Test audio processor microphones
- SONNET battery status
- Waterproof up to 4 m depth
- Can be used in salt, fresh and chlorinated water
- Up to 60 hours of use with a set of 2 disposable zinc-air 675 batteries
Rechargeable Battery Max
- Dimension: 32 x 14 x 7 mm
- Processor weight with battery: 10.4 g
- Usage time: Up to 17 hours
- Charging duration: ~6 hours
- Charging/discharging: >1800 cycles (80% capacity)**
Rechargeable Battery Standard
- Dimension: 22 x 14 x 7 mm
- Processor weight with battery: 9.1 g
- Usage time: Up to 10 hours
- Charging duration: ~4 hours
- Charging/discharging: >5000 cycles (80% capacity)**
Rechargeable Battery Micro
- Dimension: 16 x 14 x 7 mm
- Processor weight with battery: 8.1 g
- Usage time: Up to 7 hours
- Charging duration: ~3 hours
- Charging/discharging: >5000 cycles (80% capacity)**
- 4 simultaneous charging slots
- Power & charging indicator lights
- USB powered: 5V DC, 500mA
- USB power adapter: 100–240V AC (~50/60 Hz)
Please find detailed information and specific conditions for use for each product in the respective instructions for use.
All functions and features may not be available in all markets. Enabling features on the hardware may be subject to technical considerations.
* Whereby “free” means “not made with latex” according to current FDA guidance: “Recommendations for Labeling Medical Products to Inform Users that the Product or Product Container is not Made with Natural Rubber Latex”, 2014.
** Charging Cycles dependent on individual usage.