The SONNET EAS is the 3rd generation Electric Acoustic Stimulation (EAS) Audio Processor from MED-EL, the pioneer of combined Electric Acoustic Stimulation. SONNET EAS combines the SONNET audio processor with an acoustic unit and customised ear mould to provide dedicated acoustic stimulation across the low frequencies and electric stimulation in the high frequencies. With 6-channel 48dB acoustic amplification across the low frequencies, SONNET EAS is the ideal solution for candidates with partial deafness.
Life can be a handful sometimes. That's why SONNET EAS is designed for hands-free control wherever you go.
Automatic Sound Management 2.0 (ASM 2.0) actively adapts to changing listening environments, so you don't have to worry about adjusting settings or changing programs. Focus on what you're listening to, not on which program you'll need to hear it.
Microphone Directionality focuses your hearing by using two microphones to sharpen the sounds in front of you for better listening, especially in noisy settings.
Wind Noise Reduction minimises continuous wind noise, making it easier to hear in outdoor settings. The levels of wind noise reduction can be adjusted for your specific needs.
Automatic Volume Control continuously monitors your environment and seamlessly adjusts volume levels to ensure every sound is heard clearly and comfortably.
Make a Splash
Relax by the pool, run through the sprinklers, or jump in the puddles. With the water-resistant SONNET EAS, you don't have to worry about an unexpected splash keeping you from the activities you love.
Mix it Up
Blend in or stand out. With hundreds of different colour combinations to choose from, you can mix and match processor parts for a SONNET EAS that suits your style. How will your SONNET EAS look?
SONNET EAS comes in one of these six base colours. For individual colour combinations please contact your local MED-EL representative.
SONNET Control Unit
Battery Pack Cover
Never Miss a Moment
SONNET EAS delivers up to 60-hour battery life without a trade-off in performance. Weighing 11.3 grams, the lightweight SONNET EAS uses two disposable 675 zinc-air batteries. The locking battery case of the SONNET EAS is tamper-proof, making it the ideal option for young children.
And now, you can even go rechargeable with your SONNET EAS.
60-Hour Battery Life
Performance Without Compromise
Sync With All Your Devices
With built-in wireless connectivity and flexible direct audio input options, SONNET EAS can connect to nearly any external audio source. The integrated telecoil lets you connect wirelessly to a wide variety of audio-streaming systems.
The included FM battery cover provides a connection to standard 3-pin FM devices. A 3.5 mm accessory cable enables direct audio input from any device with a headphone jack.
Ready for upgrades, SONNET EAS features high-fidelity 2.4 GHz wireless connectivity to ensure you’ll be able to get connected to the latest audio-streaming technology in the future.
From tablets to turntables, SONNET EAS keeps you connected.
Ideal for children and adults, the DL-Coil for SONNET lets you check proper implant connection at a glance. Adjustable magnet strengths make it easy to fine-tune for optimal wearing comfort. And with reinforced cables and a locking connection, the SONNET with DL-Coil keeps you connected to your hearing.
- SYNCHRONY, CONCERTO, SONATA, PULSAR, C40+, C40 implants
- FineTuner Remote Control Unit
Sound Coding Strategies
SYNCHRONY Cochlear Implant System supports the latest generation of FineHearing Technology as well as other advanced coding strategies.
Designed for compatibility with upcoming sound coding strategies.
- Wireless ready for 2.4 GHz applications*
- Integrated telecoil
- Direct connection with FM battery cover (standardised Euro-Audio 3-pin connection)
- Splash-proof design with IP54 rating
- Dual microphones
- Automatic Sound Management 2.0 (ASM 2.0)
- Microphone Directionality
- Wind Noise Reduction
- Automatic Volume Control with Dual-Loop AGC
- Tamper-proof design with integrated child safety features
- Acoustic stimulation up to 2 kHz
- 48 dB acoustic gain
- 118 dBSPL maximum power output (MPO)
- Fully digital hearing aid signal processing
- 6-channel acoustic fitting
- Link-check coil function with LED indicator
- 6 base and coil colours
- 15 changeable colour options for microphone and battery pack cover
- 4 cable colour options
Weight and Dimensions
- 11.3 g (including batteries)
- DL-Coil: 4.6 g, 32.8 mm x 5.8 mm
- DL-Coil magnets available in 5 strengths
- Durable coil cables available in 3 lengths: 6.5 cm (2.6 in), 9 cm (3.5 in), 28 cm (11.0 in)
Up to 60 hours of use with a set of 2 zinc-air batteries (type 675)
Coil Magnet Strength
Soft, Medium, Strong, Extra Strong, and Max Strength
* Wireless accessories for SONNET EAS are currently in development and are not currently approved in Canada.