Candidacy for EAS
EAS™ is the first hearing implant system available worldwide for combined electric acoustic stimulation. EAS is the ideal solution for people with partial deafness, defined as a mild to moderate low frequency sensorineural hearing loss sloping to a profound hearing loss in the higher frequencies.*
The following points may help to determine if a patient is a candidate for EAS:
- The patient’s monosyllable score should be ≤60% at 65 dBSPL in the best aided condition.
Additional Patient Criteria
- No progressive hearing loss
- No autoimmune disease
- No hearing loss as a result of meningitis, otosclerosis or ossification
- No malformations or obstruction of the cochlea
- No air-bone gap >15 dB
- No external ear contraindications to using amplification devices
*Audiological thresholds do not generally provide sufficient information to determine implant candidacy.